Friday, October 26, 2007
Tale of the Tape
Zdeno Chara- D- Boston
Birthplace: Trencin, Czechoslovakia (modern day Slovakia)
David Koci- LW- Chicago
Birthplace: Prague, Czechoslovakia
I didn't watch the Bruins last night because I was watching my Sox stick it to Colorado but it's a rule of mine that any time time a Czech and a Slovak over 6' 5" get into a hockey fight, I have to post it. There was clearly some national pride at stake in this one.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Now the Rockies, Matt Holliday (I assume that it's him on the left) looks a little surprised and doesn't really give me anything to make fun of him for. Todd Helton is rocking his poser Kevin Youkilis goatee and trying his best to look hard while giving his Blue Steel look. Sorry I can't really be intimidated by anyone hitting below the Mendoza line in the playoffs. And that brings us to little Jeffy Francis. Look at that guy, seriously dude looks like the biggest nerd in human history. I kinda feel sorry for him actually. I would probably be more intimidated batting against Orville Redenbacher than Jeffy.
That being said I think the Sox can win but the Rockies do make me a bit nervous, except for Orville. Sox in 6
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
PS- Fuck you if you say I should get Tivo.
Monday, October 22, 2007
PS- UConn's QB Tyler "Destroyer Class" Lorenzen is the real deal.
Friday, October 19, 2007
So sit back, grab some Red Vines, and let your ears take you away...
Today's Track- "More Than a Feeling" by Boston
And a bonus track since Mr. Pibb is feeling generous: Incredible version of "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen.
This entire concert (Live at the Bowl- '82) is one of the greatest rock shows ever. They take all of their hits and kick them up like 7-8 notches. Its unreal.
P.S. Manny has been f*cking raking this October
P.P.S. I'll get to the Real World at some point but this past week's ep was so uninspired that it is going to be hard for me to get motivated. Hopefully I'll have it up early next week.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
So Freedom Readers, could this be an honest mistake or should my "friend" be running the sports section at this publication that may or may not exist?
PS- UConn is beating Louisville this Friday night, you can take that to the bank.
1. Dustin Pedroia aka John Clayton, 2B- Dustin has seemed overwhelmed in the playoffs, especially this series, and as Jon Papelbon pointed out the other night, he kind of looks like ESPN personality John Clayton although I don't think he expected him to hit like the professor.
2. Kevin Youkilis aka Eff You Kevin Youkilis, 1B- Youk hasn't been that bad this series but that dropped foul ball last night might have ended that 5th inning earlier. Side note: Check out Jon Papelbon interviewing Kevin Millar for the hilarious quote: "Kevin Youkilis actually feeds off how ugly he is." Its a bit long but worth it.
3. David Ortiz aka Magilla Gorilla, DH- He's been an absolute beast since the beginning of September and he's been battling a ton of injuries. I LOVE YOU, Dr. Zaus, er, I mean Papi.
(Magilla Gorilla, Gorilla for sale...)
4. Manny Ramirez aka the Man Ram, LF- If you thought I was going to bash Manny then you clearly have no idea what I'm about.
5. Mike Lowell aka Yoda, 3B- He's so wise, like a Cuban Buddha covered with hair. I can't say anything bad about the elder statesman, whose actually not that old, except that the Sox probably shouldn't resign him to a deal over 2 years so they can throw a ton of money at Miguel Cabrera when he comes on the market after the 2008 season.
6. JD Drew aka Nancy Drew, RF- I actually think this is an insult to Nancy Drew since she has done a lot more for me than JD (I always wondered what was up with that old clock and she figured it out, not that I ever read any of those books...). Also Nancy could probably get on base more and be a decent situational hitter. I can't believe JD's getting paid $14 million... (Note: I tried to find a picture of JD Drew looking at a called third strike, late in the game, with runners on base but it was surprisingly hard to find which is weird because I don't think I've ever seen him do anything other than that).
7. Jason Varitek aka Captain America, C- I know he hasn't hit but I might as well say I hate freedom if I bash him...
8. Coco Crisp aka hilarious monkey pitchman for similarly named cereal, CF- Coco has done absolutely nothing since coming to Boston other than play great defense. I understand that great center field play is key to a good team but it can't be good that he's batting .250, can it? Anyway I'm pretty sure this monkey could get at least one clutch hit in two years.
9. Julio Lugo, aka Skinny Ethiopian Kid from South Park, SS- I'm not as down on Lugo as everybody else because he's a decent no. 9 hitter. Then I remember when they let Orlando Cabrera go to save a couple bucks and I want to shoot myself in the face. And he looks like he hasn't had a good meal since the 90's...
Manager Terry Francona aka World's smallest man. I think these pictures speaks for themselves.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Monday, October 8, 2007
Mr. Pibb has decided to piggy back on the concept developed over at Barstool Sports and declare today's song of the day a Cougar Anthem. What is a Cougar Anthem, you ask. I'll let the experts from the Stool handle this one:
1. If the song is BY an actual cougar - Stevie Nicks, Heart, Pat Benatar, etc. you're automatically in. It's like getting 3000 hits or 300 wins. "Seventeen", "Barracuda", "Love is a Battlefield", all locks.
2. If the song is NOT by an actual cougar, it needs to be a song about a cougar, i.e. Boston's "Amanda", Kiss' "Beth", The Eagles' "Witchy Woman" or Queensryche's "Jet City Woman."
3. Finally, the last criteria is the "sky-punch" a.k.a. "rockfist", whichever you prefer, needs to be mandatory when the chorus "kicks in". Examples again include "Jet City Woman", Def Leppard's "Rocket", and Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock". If you don't meet the first two criteria, you have to hit #3 - the mandatory "sky punch", because if there's anything cougars love more than hitting on younger men and chain-smoking Parliaments, it's sky-punching.
In Mr. Pibb's opinion the preeminent Cougar Anthem is Bad Company's Feel Like Making Love but according to votes conducted at the Stool the Scorpion's Rock You Like a Hurricane is the #1 Cougar Anthem of all time. Anyway Mr. Pibb's own personal favorite Cougar Anthem (Mr. Pibb was the first to officially recognize this as a Cougar Anthem, by the bye) is today's Put It In Your Head Song of the Day.
So sit back, grab some Red Vines, and let your ears take you away...
Today's Track- "Love In an Elevator" by Aerosmith
This song is so awesome for so many reasons that Mr. Pibb's head will explode if he tries to list them all.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Mr. Pibb is also sad to go the way of the evening newspaper but he will post a song when that song demands to be posted. He asked me to tell you that he still loves you all and he wouldn't have change a thing...
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Other random Curb thoughts...
-This is the second ep in a row where Jeff has been rocking Under Armour. (Last ep he was wearing a T-shirt while helping the Davids move and this ep he was wearing a polo early on).
-I thought Larry was banned from Jeff's house, so why didn't Suzie give him the business when he was there.
-Speaking of that scene, wtf was Larry eating out of a ziplock bag?
-The funniest part of this ep (probably the only funny part) was when Larry gets back home after stealing the perfume and pushes the two kids out of the way so he could get upstairs faster.
-Actually there was another funny part when Funkhouser called Larry his best friend and when he said he was an orphan. Typical Funkhouser bullshit.